Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Why me?

Since past three days, one thought plagued me throughout. "Why me?". Why am I going through so much in life? Why did I never get what I wanted? Why was I unlucky? blah blah blah...

I did not
- rob/kill anyone
- waste my dad's money to party and have fun
- go out to pubs/discs
- trouble anyone out of jealousy
- did not backstab anyone

Yet, at the end of it, people who did all these are happy and content in life and I am not.

My perspective changed in office today when I went to get some water from the water fountain. I saw a person with cerebral palsy having to use his motor cart to move around and needed constant help from his guardian. Instantly, I felt lighter. Suddenly, I was thankful for what I have.

I have

- good health
- fair amount of intelligence to gain a livelyhood
- independent enough to cook my food, drive my car and do my chores
- enough love and affection from people I care
- mental strength to deal with life's ups and downs

Now, at this moment, I have no complaints.

No comments: